Job Title: PR and Communications Manager
Salary: £40,000 – £53,500
Contract: Permanent, full-time
We are Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a world-leading academic publisher and assessment organisation and a proud part of the University of Cambridge.
We are looking to recruit a first-rate PR and communications professional, able to help one of the world’s most influential education organisations grow its global voice and impact.
About the role
You will support Cambridge University Press & Assessment’s external communications, enhance and defend its reputation in the media, and help develop and implement an organisation-wide research communications strategy. You work will help achieve our mission and vision as a global leader in education, research and publishing.
An experienced media relations professional with exceptional writing skills, you will work with senior leaders and communicators across our organisation to enhance our reputation through proactive, audience-appropriate communications and defend it through expert crisis management. That includes writing impactful press releases, web and social content, media briefings and pitches.
A natural creative, you will devise strategies for elevating awareness of our work and expertise on the global stage, exciting and engaging audiences across all our channels and digital platforms, ensuring our communications are accessible for all.
The role requires an experienced communications professional with in-depth knowledge of the media, and both proactive and reactive comms. You will have first-rate writing and editing skills in a journalistic and/or busy press office environment. You will be highly capable of building networks and relationships, as well as engaging across a complex organisation and with stakeholders.
Rewards and benefits
We will support you to be at your best in work and to live well outside of it. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a world-class, flexible rewards package, featuring family-friendly and planet-friendly benefits including:
- Group personal pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary
- Private medical and Permanent Health Insurance
- Green travel schemes
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- We also offer flexible and hybrid working options from day one. We will consider any work arrangements if you wish to work flexibly or require adjustments due to a disability.
Ready to pursue your potential? Apply now.
- We review applications on an ongoing basis, with a closing date for all applications being 5th March 2023 and interviews are scheduled to take place on w/c 20th March.
- Please note that successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory background checks including DBS due to working in a regulated industry.