Integrated Media Manager Job in Fairbanks 2023
CLASSIFICATION: Communications Specialist 4
GRADE: Grade 79
WORK TYPE: Hybrid, On Campus, Staff Full-time
ADMINISTRATIVE UNIT: University of Alaska Statewide
SCHOOL/BUSINESS UNIT: SW Public Affairs
LOCATION: Anchorage, Fairbanks
CATEGORIES: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Looking for an opportunity to put your integrated media skills to use? Join the University of Alaska’s University Relations team! From social media content strategy and development to website support to graphic design to media relations, the Integrated Media Manager is a flexible, wide-ranging role that helps tell the story of Alaska’s University System through all communication and media channels. You’ll serve as a primary content developer and creator of internal and external communications, including those from the President and Board of Regents, and help the Office of Public Affairs stay relevant and current on industry trends, technologies, and opportunities.
Content Creation: ● Responsible for proactive, integrated content creation across multiple communication platforms to promote the university, including the development and distribution of news releases, media advisories, Newswire, posts to social media channels and updates to the UA News Center. This position also will be responsible for research and development of the “Did You Know” series and other news features. ● Develop and update content for UA web pages including special project pages [UA leadership, campus free speech, advocacy] alaska.edu web pages, the public affairs page, Government Relations, Org Charts, BOR, President and other web updates as needed. ●
Responsible for graphic design for websites, social media, marketing materials or other applications. ● Coordinate and/or capture studio or location photography/videography and assist with digital asset management. ● Responsible for creating social media posts including photography and videography; developing a social media calendar and strategy to enhance UA’s reputation and brand; coordinating with social media strategists at the universities to enhance overall efforts and share best practices. ● Facilitate responses to social media conversations as needed and respond to queries. ● Follow-up on media releases and place opinion pieces.
● Implement communication and media outreach for special programs/events/major initiatives. ● Ensure communications, including social media and websites, follow accessibility standards.Internal Communications: ● Responsible for creating and distributing internal newsletters including soliciting contributions, gathering images and graphics, drafting updates and features, posting to the RSS news site, compiling the newsletters and distributing to university system employees. ● Assist with the editing and distribution of internal announcements, moderating system communications channels, and distributing emergency messaging.Communications Support Functions:
● Amplify campus news coverage by compiling and distributing regular UA Newswires and cross-posting stories on UA System social media channels. ● Assist with the coordination and implementation of media briefings; manage an editorial calendar of story opportunities. ● Work with campus communicators to create and maintain an editorial calendar in order to anticipate opportunities to provide/promote relevant content.
The Integrated Media Manager reports directly to the UA Director of Public Affairs.
Perform a variety of communications tasks that address specific tactical or strategic needs of particular programs, projects, events, and/or organization functions. Tasks may include creating newsletters, writing news releases, drafting outreach materials; editing and evaluating content for accuracy, consistency and clarity for publication; designing and developing Web pages; performing graphic design and photographic services; conducting communication research. This position is high profile and includes communications around complex organizational issues. Position consults with staff and provides recommendations, and/or technical assistance. Position identifies trends, opportunities or issues with possible options or solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Strong media relations skill
- Strong graphic design skills
- Strong computer skills
- Proven work experience working with media and social media
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video)
- Familiarity with or in-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Digital video filming and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills including writing and editing
- Experience in higher education and/or journalism a plus
- Experience in building/managing/coordinating media outreach campaign
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, public relations or related field with heavy communication emphasis.
Minimum of four years of directly comparable experience.
Strong command of grammar, punctuation, and AP style.
Ability to develop relationships and manage a wide range of media and campus contacts.
Strong personal communication, organizational and project-management skills.
Technical proficiency and familiarity with CMS and other web content production platforms.
Strong verbal and relationship-building skills required, as well as persuasive writing skills.
Experience in a PR agency, newsroom, or other similar setting preferred.
Knowledge of traditional and social media trends.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or related field and two years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Experience in journalism or public relations in a private agency, government or corporate communications.
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule, Grade 79, based on education and experience.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a successful candidate is identified.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient and viable number of qualified candidates have been identified.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Open until filled
Disclaimer : Applicant must check the company profile before joining, Bizplusapp.com is no way responsible for any loss.