Director of Prince William Sound College Job in Valdez 2023
CLASSIFICATION: Director (Admin)
GRADE: Senior Administrator
WORK TYPE: Officer/Senior Administrator, On Campus
ADMINISTRATIVE UNIT: University of Alaska Anchorage
SCHOOL/BUSINESS UNIT: UAA Chancellor
University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) invites applications for the position of Director of Prince William Sound College (PWSC). PWSC is a community campus of the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA). The Campus Director is a Senior Administrator position reporting to the UAA Chancellor with academic oversight provided by UAA Academic Affairs.
The Prince William Sound College Director is the senior administrative officer and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the College in coordination with the University of Alaska Anchorage and the University of Alaska system. Reporting to the UAA Chancellor, the Director must work closely with the Provost, Vice Chancellors, and Deans. The College Director is the senior administrative officer of Prince William Sound College responsible for the following: • Understanding and advocating for the best interests of Prince William Sound College within the University system and at the local and state government levels. • Facilitating the development and implementation of the College’s strategic planning process and evaluating the plan’s goals and objectives to ensure alignment with those of the University. •
Promoting a productive academic and service environment. • Recruiting, developing, and evaluating staff. • Coordinating recruitment of full-time faculty members with appropriate academic departments of the University, conducting annual faculty evaluations, and participating in faculty reviews for tenure, promotion, post-tenure, and emeritus status. • In collaboration with appropriate academic departments of the University, providing consistent high-quality educational opportunities through planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating instructional programs to meet the varied community needs for academic, vocational, adult continuing education, professional development, and personal enrichment education. • Serving as chief advocate for the College in articulating needs and services, both internally and externally, and providing budget request input to UAA and administering the PWSC budget. •
Participating as a member of the University management team in setting strategic direction and advocating for the College. • Coordinating and communicating short- and long-range plans for best use of resources. • Promoting the College as an active participant in the area’s workforce and economic development. • Promoting the College as a principal contributor to the quality of life in the community. • Serving as liaison between the University of Alaska campuses, departments, programs, governmental bodies and businesses. • Collaborating closely with other UAA campuses to include Mat-Su College, Kenai Peninsula College and Kodiak College. • Serving on the University of Alaska Community Campus Directors Council. • Working effectively and collaboratively with members of multiple bargaining units.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of, and commitment to, the community college mission and student success through the scholarship of teaching and learning, and professional development.
• Exemplary ability to be accessible, interact and work effectively with faculty and staff, students, advisory committees, and administration in a collegial and multicultural environment.
• Collaborative, participatory, and consensus-based leadership and decision-making style with a successful track record, strong communication skills, vision, and integrity.
• Strong commitment to shared governance, faculty development, cross-cultural communication and cultural diversity.
• Ability to manage and effectively allocate college personnel, fiscal resources, and assets.
• Ability to align organizational mission, structures, and resources with the college strategic plan.
• Awareness of the variety of technologies used in education and administration.
• Experience with, or knowledge of, post-secondary accreditation and assessment processes.
• Commitment to excellence in student performance, teaching, and public service.
• Ability to organize for productivity and responsibility with the enthusiasm and vision to lead the College into the future.
• Willingness to self-assess performance regularly using feedback, reflection, goal setting, and
• Ability to represent the campus in the local community, in the broader educational community, at various levels of government, and as a model of higher education.
• Ability to build partnerships with other campuses and the university community to further the mission of both Prince William Sound College and the University of Alaska Anchorage.
• Demonstrated effective interaction with organizations and agencies at the community, state and national levels, including collaboration and partnerships with K-12, advisory boards, business/industries, government, and public and private agencies.
• Significant experience advocating for employees and organizations and significant documented success in acquisition of external funding.
Administrative leadership experience, including program planning, budget management, development and management of personnel. Experience in higher education/post-secondary setting is strongly preferred.
Significant experience advocating for employees and organizations. Significant documented success in acquisition of external funding.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
A master’s degree from an accredited institution and three to five years of administrative leadership experience, including program planning, budget management, and the development and management of personnel.
Preferred Education or Training
A doctorate (or equivalent terminal degree) is preferred. Administrative leadership experience in higher education/post-secondary setting is strongly preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, exempt position complete with a competitive salary and UA employee benefits package. UA employees receive excellent benefits including 12 paid holidays per year, tuition waivers for employees and family members, and affordable medical, dental and vision care coverage.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
Review of applicants will begin immediately, to ensure full consideration you must apply by April 6, 2023.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Open until filled
Disclaimer : Applicant must check the company profile before joining, Bizplusapp.com is no way responsible for any loss.